Help To Uninstall The Popular Links
The Popular Links causes following error
0x8024A005 WU_E_AU_NO_REGISTERED_SERVICE No unmanaged service is registered with AU., 0x80240021 WU_E_TIME_OUT Operation did not complete because it timed out., 0x8024A003 WU_E_AU_LEGACYCLIENTDISABLED The old version of the Automatic Updates client was disabled., 0x8024002A WU_E_MISSING_HANDLER A component required to detect applicable updates was missing., Error 0x80070103, 0x00000012, 0x80248006 WU_E_DS_BADVERSION The current and expected versions of the data store do not match., 0x80244009 WU_E_PT_SOAPCLIENT_READ Same as SOAPCLIENT_READ_ERROR – SOAP client failed while reading the response from the server., 0x00000059, 0x00000013, 0x00000099, 0x000000DE, 0x80244019 WU_E_PT_HTTP_STATUS_NOT_FOUND Same as HTTP status 404 – the server cannot find the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier), 0x80240041 WU_E_SYSPREP_IN_PROGRESS Service is not available while sysprep is running., 0xf081A CBS_E_INVALID_DRIVER_OPERATION_KEY the driver operations key is corrupt or invalid, 0x000000CF
Guide To Remove The Popular Links From OS Easily
Have you heard of The Popular Links? It is one of the most dangerous OS threat that can makes your PC completely useless. If you want to get complete information regarding this infection then just go through with this removal guide Easily.
Researcher Report on The Popular Links
The Popular Links is the term often used to describe OS threat or infection. This infection is a piece of System program written by someone with malicious or criminal intent. It usually has two functions that are to spread itself and to do some sort of damages. It may vary from displaying the silly message on startup to cause damage to your Computer files and your System. With the increase of Internet or fast networks, it is designed to take control over your PC for the illegal or nefarious purposes. The damage may not happen on your affected PC as soon as you acquired it, because the developers of this infection has been written to be activated remotely when needed. Specifically, The Popular Links has been created and used by cyber offenders having sole intention to promote sponsored product and generate online revenues.
Infiltration Tactics Used By The Popular Links To Attack OS
The Popular Links uses numerous ways to spread over the Windows PC. It includes spam emails, where hackers can be sent as an malicious attachment, scanning of PCs, file sharing over P2P network, instant message clients, using infected removable devices, playing online games, visiting of any hacked or dubious sites etc. Being a most harmful System infection, The Popular Links can uses varieties of deceptive ways to often lurks inside the PC. Its distribution channel may varies time to time but main source of infiltration remains same that is the use of Internet. Thus, you need to be very careful while surfing the web.
Common Symptoms of The Popular Links
- The Popular Links can overrides your default settings and replaces your homepage.
- Displays thousand of endless pop-up ads and links on your desktop screen.
- Makes your System performance speed much slower than before.
- Add some unknown toolbars, extensions, plug-ins or other suspicious codes within Firefox
- Opens System backdoor and brings more malicious threat inside the PC.
- Encrypts your stored files and makes them inaccessible.
- Collects your all sensitive data and exposed them to the public.
Other Reference sites
|Removing The Popular Links Manually|
|Remove The Popular Links In Simple Steps|
|Possible Steps For Deleting The Popular Links from Windows 7|
|Tips For Deleting The Popular Links from Windows 7|
|Get Rid Of The Popular Links Manually|
To boot your OS in Safe Mode with Networking, you will need to do following:
Guide To Start Windows XP, Vista & 7 OS in Safe Mode with Networking
- Restart your OS and start pressing F8 key immediately until Boot menu appears.
- From the appearing list, choose Safe Mode with Networking option using arrow key. Press on Enter Key.
- If prompted, log on to your OS and then restart OS in the normal mode.
Guide To Start Windows 8 OS in Safe Mode with Networking
- Navigate to the desktop screen.
- To bring up charms bar, move your cursor into the top right corner or press Win + I key together.
- Click on Settings icon.
- Choose the Power icon and hold down SHIFT key to select Restart option.
- Now, your OS will reboot and load with the Advanced Start up menu.
- From the appearing menu, select Troubleshoot option.
- Choose Advanced option.
- In the advanced options, choose Startup Settings.
- Move your cursor to the Restart button and click on it.
- To choose 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking, press F5 on your keyboard.
Guide To Start Windows 10 OS in Safe Mode with Networking
- Press “Windows key” on your keyboard or click on the Start button of your desktop screen.
- Press on “Power” button. Select the Restart option, while holding Shift key on keyboard.
- Now a windows will reboot automatically and prompt with several options.
- Among all, you have to choose Troubleshoot option.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select the Startup Settings.
- Click on the Restart button.
- At last, select Safe Mode with Networking and hit on Enter button.
- First of all summon the Task Manager by pressing “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” or “CTRL+ALT+DEL”.
- Go to the Processes Tab.
- Choose the The Popular Links related process or unknown which you want to Fix
- Now, hit on the End Process button.
- If the Windows Task Manger warning window will appear on your screen, hit on the End Process button.
- At last close the Windows Task Manager windows.
- Open Run box by pressing “Windows key + R” together.
- Type “regedit” in the run box without quotes and click on OK button.
- Locate The Popular Links related all registry entries and Fix it.
- Go to the C drive.
- Find out all malicious files that are created by The Popular Links and Fix them manually
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\The Popular Links .exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\The Popular Links\
- C:\ProgramData\TEMP\The Popular Links
- C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Temp\The Popular Links.exe
- C:\Users\your user account\AppData\Roaming\The Popular Links
- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\The Popular Links.sys
Fix The Popular Links From Windows XP, Vista & 7
- Go to the Start menu and choose Control Panel option.
- Under the “Programs” section, click on “Uninstall a program” option.
- Choose The Popular Links related or unknown program and click on Change/Uninstall option.
Fix The Popular Links From Windows 8
- Choose Control Panel option by right clicking at the screen’s bottom left corner
- Move your cursor under Programs section and click on “Uninstall a Program”.
- From the appearing list, choose The Popular Links related or unknown program and click on Uninstall button.
Fix The Popular Links From Windows 10
- First of open the Start menu.
Choose Settings option.
- On the Settings menu choose System option.
- From the left pane, choose Apps & Features.
- In the right pane, you will see the all installed application.
- Choose The Popular Links related or suspicious program which you want to Fix.
- Now, click on uninstall button.
Remove The Popular Links From Chrome 56.0.2924
- First of all, open Google Chrome.
- From the top right corner, click on three stripes icon.
- Select Tools option. Go to the Extension Tab and choose all unwanted extension created by The Popular Links.
- To Fix them from your Chrome browser, hit on the Trash icon.
Remove The Popular Links From Mozilla Firefox:42
- Launch your browser.
- From the top right corner, click on the gear icon button. Choose Add-ons.
- From the Add-ons Manager tab, select Appearance or Extensions panel.
- Choose The Popular Links related extension or add-ons. Press on Disable button.
- If a pop-up appear on your screen, click on Restart now button.
Remove The Popular Links From Internet Explorer 8-8.00.6001.17184
- Open your IE browser
- Click on the Gear icon or press Alt + T buttons together.
- Select Manage Add-ons option.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Find out The Popular Links related add-ons and hit on Disable button.
Remove The Popular Links From Microsoft Edge
This browser does not contains any extension hence you need to restart your browser to remove The Popular Links. For this, perform the following steps :
- Open your browser
- From the top right corner, click on (…) option and then choose Settings option.
- Under the Open section, choose a specific page or pages.
- Choose Custom option and enter the URL that you want to set as your homepage.