Removing Dig Surf Manually
Dig Surf causes following error
0x8024800C WU_E_DS_LOCKTIMEOUTEXPIRED The data store section could not be locked within the allotted time., 0x00000036, 0x8024800D WU_E_DS_NOCATEGORIES The category was not added because it contains no parent categories and is not a top-level category itself., 0x00000062, 0x0000008B, 0x000000F6, 0x80246007 WU_E_DM_NOTDOWNLOADED The update has not been downloaded., 0x80240030 WU_E_INVALID_PROXY_SERVER The format of the proxy list was invalid., 0x00000081, 0x80244008 WU_E_PT_SOAPCLIENT_PARSEFAULT Same as SOAPCLIENT_PARSEFAULT_ERROR – SOAP client failed to parse a SOAP fault., 0x000000FF, 0x80249003 WU_E_INVENTORY_RESULT_UPLOAD_FAILED Failed to upload inventory result to the server.
Help To Get Rid Of Dig Surf From PC Completely
Have you heard of Dig Surf? It is one of the most dangerous PC threat that can makes your PC completely useless. If you want to get complete information regarding this infection then just go through with this removal guide Completely.
Researcher Report on Dig Surf
Dig Surf is the term often used to describe PC threat or infection. This infection is a piece of System program written by someone with malicious or criminal intent. It usually has two functions that are to spread itself and to do some sort of damages. It may vary from displaying the silly message on startup to cause damage to your Computer files and your System. With the increase of Internet or fast networks, it is designed to take control over your PC for the illegal or nefarious purposes. The damage may not happen on your affected PC as soon as you acquired it, because the developers of this infection has been written to be activated remotely when needed. Specifically, Dig Surf has been created and used by cyber offenders having sole intention to promote sponsored product and generate online revenues.
Infiltration Tactics Used By Dig Surf To Attack PC
Dig Surf uses numerous ways to spread over the Windows PC. It includes spam emails, where hackers can be sent as an malicious attachment, scanning of PCs, file sharing over P2P network, instant message clients, using infected removable devices, playing online games, visiting of any hacked or dubious sites etc. Being a most harmful System infection, Dig Surf can uses varieties of deceptive ways to often lurks inside the PC. Its distribution channel may varies time to time but main source of infiltration remains same that is the use of Internet. Thus, you need to be very careful while surfing the web.
Common Symptoms of Dig Surf
- Dig Surf can overrides your default settings and replaces your homepage.
- Displays thousand of endless pop-up ads and links on your desktop screen.
- Makes your System performance speed much slower than before.
- Add some unknown toolbars, extensions, plug-ins or other suspicious codes within Internet Explorer
- Opens System backdoor and brings more malicious threat inside the PC.
- Encrypts your stored files and makes them inaccessible.
- Collects your all sensitive data and exposed them to the public.
Other Reference sites
|Guide To Delete Dig Surf|
|Steps To Uninstall Dig Surf|
|Uninstall Dig Surf from Windows XP : Erase Dig Surf|
To boot your PC in Safe Mode with Networking, you will need to do following:
Help To Start Windows XP, Vista & 7 PC in Safe Mode with Networking
- Restart your PC and start pressing F8 key immediately until Boot menu appears.
- From the appearing list, choose Safe Mode with Networking option using arrow key. Press on Enter Key.
- If prompted, log on to your PC and then restart PC in the normal mode.
Help To Start Windows 8 PC in Safe Mode with Networking
- Navigate to the desktop screen.
- To bring up charms bar, move your cursor into the top right corner or press Win + I key together.
- Click on Settings icon.
- Choose the Power icon and hold down SHIFT key to select Restart option.
- Now, your PC will reboot and load with the Advanced Start up menu.
- From the appearing menu, select Troubleshoot option.
- Choose Advanced option.
- In the advanced options, choose Startup Settings.
- Move your cursor to the Restart button and click on it.
- To choose 5) Enable Safe Mode with Networking, press F5 on your keyboard.
Help To Start Windows 10 PC in Safe Mode with Networking
- Press “Windows key” on your keyboard or click on the Start button of your desktop screen.
- Press on “Power” button. Select the Restart option, while holding Shift key on keyboard.
- Now a windows will reboot automatically and prompt with several options.
- Among all, you have to choose Troubleshoot option.
- Go to Advanced options.
- Select the Startup Settings.
- Click on the Restart button.
- At last, select Safe Mode with Networking and hit on Enter button.
- First of all summon the Task Manager by pressing “Ctrl + Shift + Esc” or “CTRL+ALT+DEL”.
- Go to the Processes Tab.
- Choose the Dig Surf related process or unknown which you want to Take Down
- Now, hit on the End Process button.
- If the Windows Task Manger warning window will appear on your screen, hit on the End Process button.
- At last close the Windows Task Manager windows.
- Open Run box by pressing “Windows key + R” together.
- Type “regedit” in the run box without quotes and click on OK button.
- Locate Dig Surf related all registry entries and Take Down it.
- Go to the C drive.
- Find out all malicious files that are created by Dig Surf and Take Down them manually
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Dig Surf .exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Dig Surf\
- C:\ProgramData\TEMP\Dig Surf
- C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Temp\Dig Surf.exe
- C:\Users\your user account\AppData\Roaming\Dig Surf
- C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Dig Surf.sys
Take Down Dig Surf From Windows XP, Vista & 7
- Go to the Start menu and choose Control Panel option.
- Under the “Programs” section, click on “Uninstall a program” option.
- Choose Dig Surf related or unknown program and click on Change/Uninstall option.
Take Down Dig Surf From Windows 8
- Choose Control Panel option by right clicking at the screen’s bottom left corner
- Move your cursor under Programs section and click on “Uninstall a Program”.
- From the appearing list, choose Dig Surf related or unknown program and click on Uninstall button.
Take Down Dig Surf From Windows 10
- First of open the Start menu.
Choose Settings option.
- On the Settings menu choose System option.
- From the left pane, choose Apps & Features.
- In the right pane, you will see the all installed application.
- Choose Dig Surf related or suspicious program which you want to Take Down.
- Now, click on uninstall button.
Get Rid Of Dig Surf From Chrome 52.0.2743
- First of all, open Google Chrome.
- From the top right corner, click on three stripes icon.
- Select Tools option. Go to the Extension Tab and choose all unwanted extension created by Dig Surf.
- To Take Down them from your Chrome browser, hit on the Trash icon.
Get Rid Of Dig Surf From Mozilla Firefox:38.2.1
- Launch your browser.
- From the top right corner, click on the gear icon button. Choose Add-ons.
- From the Add-ons Manager tab, select Appearance or Extensions panel.
- Choose Dig Surf related extension or add-ons. Press on Disable button.
- If a pop-up appear on your screen, click on Restart now button.
Get Rid Of Dig Surf From Internet Explorer 10-10.0.8250.00000
- Open your IE browser
- Click on the Gear icon or press Alt + T buttons together.
- Select Manage Add-ons option.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions tab. Find out Dig Surf related add-ons and hit on Disable button.
Get Rid Of Dig Surf From Microsoft Edge
This browser does not contains any extension hence you need to restart your browser to remove Dig Surf. For this, perform the following steps :
- Open your browser
- From the top right corner, click on (…) option and then choose Settings option.
- Under the Open section, choose a specific page or pages.
- Choose Custom option and enter the URL that you want to set as your homepage.